Friday, November 7, 2008



Its Friday…seriously TGIF, because it’s been a long week for me. Thank god for Wednesday night and time with the gang! That was a real savior and Alex and I spent some much needed time laughing. We are so lucky that we have such a fabulous group of friends, seriously, we are so lucky.

I know that fall is a wonderful time of year and all, I mean, it’s definitely my favorite time of year but if I eat one more apple, just one more, I think I might…well, you know. I've picked apples from my parent’s orchard three times now, and with each picking I walk away with what seems like 40lbs of apples. I’m not kidding either. I compare the weight to carrying a 40lb bag of dog food, and it’s not far from that. Of course I’ve shared many, mainly with co-workers (who needs candy on Halloween when you can take apples home instead?) who are surely sick of me pushing my apples on them. At this point, I think they just take them to satisfy me and then pitch them the minute they sit down at their desk. Anyway, I like to spread the wealth. I’ve been eating, on average, 3 apples a day and stuffing a couple here and there and in Alex’s Superman lunch box to surprise him. Now the last 4 linger in the fruit bowl, slowly shrinking and shriveling and I just can’t do it. I just can’t eat one more.

Happy end of October everybody!

No comments: