Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Solid Foods in the future...

Luca is 6 months old now and lately he's been pretty interested in the food on our plates! It was my goal to get him to 6 months on exclusively breastmilk and we're here! Part of me doesn't want to start solids because feeding is so convenient right now. It's always there and ready! Plus I don't want him to nurse any less than what he is now...but never-the-less, he will still be nursing...for a while or as long as he's interested. Even though I love nursing, I do look forward to feeding him=)

I've been reading this great book that Mom Franken got me called "Feeding Baby Green" and it's great! Feeding Baby Green 

Turns out, Guava is a power food, and one that I never really get my hands on here in Indiana-until now On one of my many jogs up to the neighborhood Whole Foods I got to talking with the produce guy...he ordered me just a few guava's and the rest is history. We have Guava for Luca until he goes to college. I'm also going to be making some other delicious meals for baby from the recipes in the book! Thanks Ellen!

So i think in the next month or so my little man will be introduced to a array of healthy foods. They say that by age 1, the child should have been introduced to as many tastes as possible...we'll see how many fruits, veggies, and whole grains I can get my hands on=)   Below are some pics of Luca's first taste of banana! (he's not eating regularly yet, but maybe by 7 months)...

No comments: