Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A garden all my own...

This last weekend, I decided that I needed an herb garden. No. Actually, the department I work for decided to give us our 2009 raises in the form of a $25 gift certificate to the University Biology Department's annual spring flower sale. Then I decided I guess I could use an herb garden. Having herbs such as Italian Basil, Oregano, Chive, Thyme, Sage, and Parsley on handinspire me to cook with more thought. It brings the creative gene out in me and I begin to dream up different ways to use my herb garden, which is perched on my deck for our viewing pleasure... And then I think...too bad I didn't get the cooking gene. Never-the-less, I will make an honorable attempt to keep my herb garden thriving, and my creative juices flowing. Maybe I'll even blog about my first experience with home grown herbs...please stay tuned.

ps. I couldn't resist buying a few plants as well...besides, Phyllis, who is awesome, generously gave me her raise to spend as well and it was burning a hole in my pocket.




No comments: