Friday, May 15, 2009

Weekend Plans...



Picture: Flickr, originally uploaded by empresstk719. This girls pictures are awesome! 

Our only plans this weekend are to ride our bikes to the Broad Ripple Art Fair. Only problem is we don't have working bikes right now. Not to fear, I have a plan. Regardless of what Cakes says, I have searched and searched and I think that by tomorrow morning, I will have something to ride (even if it is just fixing the two clunkers that we have)...

On several other blogs Madsen Cycle's have been quite the rage. At first, (although I thought they were awesome) I didn't think that this kind of bike would be useful to me here in Indiana. I was missing my hometown stomping grounds of Orange County, CA, where I could pack up all the beach gear and coolers and head to the edge of the world for the day. Not in Indiana. But then I started thinking about how the farmers market is two miles away, and Whole Foods is 1 mile away (both on the car less Monon Greenway)...Perfect for a Madsen. Then I started thinking of even more ways to use the Madsen and I thought of Duke. Our dogs, (Katie and Duke) run with us, and they love it, but this week we found out that our Geez (aka Duke) has cancer. Maybe when he gets too sick to run with us, he can just ride in the Madsen and still feel his ears flapping in the wind...just maybe. This bike is so cool, and I want one!

http://www.madsencycles.com




No comments: