Thursday, June 11, 2009

one fine home project...

A couple weeks ago, Cakes and I set out to do something. After days and days, well, more like years and years (2yrs to be exact) of talking about various projects that we would like to complete around the house, we finally put our foot down and finished one! Imagine that! Actually, you don't have to imagine because I will show and tell you right now:


It's our magnetic chalkboard wall art for our Kitchen. For less than $100, we were able to spend a weekend, painting, re-coating, re-coating, measuring, hanging the frame, and did I mention re-coating? (and if you're Alex...also on the list would be research, research and research followed by a re-read the directions on repeated occasions) (if you're me...where were those directions again? Oh well, let's just push on, come on, we can get this done, no prob...). Needless to say, I think we make a good team=)


All in all, we're thrilled with how our first home project turned out. We love being able to write notes to each other, our grocery lists, and especially when friends leave us messages after they visit. It's also a good place to showcase some of my photographic masterpieces (yeah right!), and of course my inspirations, both artistic and culinary. I have to thank my hubby for being such a good sport, even if it didn't sound like the best idea from the get go. Alex, you're the best and I love you.





2 comments:

Jovi-n-Mami said...

I absolutely love it!!! I think I may have to copy your idea - - if post, will copy. It's awesome. and i think i spy jovi and me up there! too cute!

Jovi-n-Mami said...

I absolutely love it!!! i think i may have to copy your idea - - if post, will copy. i think i spy jovi and me up there too! too cute!