Thursday, June 11, 2009

This was day 1 for me, but really...Week 4...

What I wrote the 1st day we found out we were going to be parents...

My brain is flush with emotion and disbelief. I have always been so excited for all my friends when they learn that they're expecting a little one on the way, yet is seems so surreal that it's actually happening to Alex and I. I took the test this Thursday morning before work. Today was the 11th of June, and 11 is a lucky number...a perfect day for the test. After I started the test, I put it face down on in the bathroom closet and ran to my dressing room, emotions taking hold. I think I knew...or it was the fact that I thought I saw the second line fading its way onto the test screen before I placed it upside down on the shelf. Three minutes later, I came back into the bathroom...Alex had begun to shave, and I fearlessly grabbed the test stick, turned it over and saw that plus sign...this means YOUR PREGNANT! I hastily turned, stepped out of the closet and with one hand over my mouth and the other holding the test strip, I said, "Alex??". He turned and looked at me...deer caught in headlights...then a long hug. Almost some tears, but after all, I'm no crier.


We sat there for a few minutes...(but it had to be much longer than that because we were over an hour late to work)...talking about how this happened so quick. I mean, we know how it happened, but we were told that the average couple takes between 6 mo's-a year to get prego...not us I guess! Never-the-less, we're totally excited and overcome with emotion and anticipation, and to be honest...a little panic.


On that note, I'm hungry.

No comments: